When you book onto a course you are entrusted to ensure this has been agreed with your line manager.
Delegates will learn how to fully prepare for the interview, deal with difficult questions and get their message across successfully effectively on both radio and television.
- The Live Interview - A short introductory interview with initial feedback on how you come across
- Speaking with greater confidence when talking to the media - Techniques to control nervous energy /* Understanding how the non-verbal elements of the voice convey powerful meanings / Developing a range of expressive vocal qualities to help influence your message / Developing a confident and more interesting voice
- Preparing for the media - Knowing your audience / Understanding the interviewer's perspective / Thinking on your feet and dealing with questions/interruptions etc / Dealing with different types of questions and how present a positive response
- Establishing your key message - Identifying your key message and shaping your approach / Creating a memorable sound-bite / Prepare your key message and 3 sound-bites on a given subject
- The Second LIVE Interview - Individual interview applying techniques developed / Review of interview
- Question Strategy - Managing the interviewer's expectations / Learning how to think on your feet and stay calm when under pressure / Learning how to avoid journalist 'traps' or 'trick' questions / Dealing with difficult questions - and how to keep "on message"
- Managing different types of Interview - Print journalist interview / Telephone or face-to-face interviews / Using eye contact and facial energy to help enhance your impact / Learning how to use gesture effectively on camera / Combining voice and body language to help communicate a powerful message
- Final Interview practice - Preparing questions for a difficult interview / Individual interview delivery / Review of interview
For those having to give media interviews or with some interview experience feeling that they haven't gone as well as they would have liked.
|Media Interview Training||
No courses currently scheduled
To book on a course please email the course title and the date you wish to attend to the Learning and Development Team. Please also let us know if you have any special requirements or would like us to make reasonable adjustments in order that you can get the maximum benefit from the training.
If no dates are scheduled you will be able to add your name onto a waiting list and you will be contacted when a date has been arranged. To register interest in a future course please email the Learning and Development Team with the title of the course you wish to attend.
If you are registered, training is available via e-learning, through Learning Nexus see the E-Learning page for more information about the courses available and how to access them.