When you book onto a course you are entrusted to ensure this has been agreed with your line manager.
This first stage introduction to mindfulness can pave the way to people taking responsibility for their own mindfulness practice. This incorporates MBSR style for a solid introduction to mindfulness and its use in stress management.
- What is mindfulness, the history and background to mindfulness.
- Applying mindfulness, mini-meditations
- Mindfulness in every day,
- Walking mindfulness
- The importance of the breath
- Space for me.
- Learning the STOP technique (Stop, Take notice, Opportunity, Proceed)
- Developing your own practice of mindfulness.
- What next? Options to take Mindfulness and stress management further.
A resource-packed workshop which is suitable for all employees and managers.
Mindfulness an Introduction
No courses currently scheduled
To book on a course please email the course title and the date you wish to attend to the Learning and Development Team. Please also let us know if you have any special requirements or would like us to make reasonable adjustments in order that you can get the maximum benefit from the training.
If no dates are scheduled you will be able to add your name onto a waiting list and you will be contacted when a date has been arranged. To register interest in a future course please email the Learning and Development Team with the title of the course you wish to attend.
If you are registered, training is available via e-learning, through Learning Nexus see the E-Learning page for more information about the courses available and how to access them.
The NHS choices website provides a useful overview on the subject of Mindfulness for mental wellbeing.