When you book onto a course you are entrusted to ensure this has been agreed with your line manager.
An intensive course designed to illustrate the what, why when and who of this form of management and demystify what can appear to be a dark art by explaining the basic principles and describing the practical steps a project manager should take.
The objectives for this course are as follows to:
- learn a systematic approach to planning and then controlling projects
- realise the importance of clearly defined success criteria and agreed constraints at the start of a project
- know how to use kick off meetings
- discover that CPA, Gantt charts and other project techniques are easy to do and useful to apply
- understand financial monitoring, forecasting, and risk
- practise the techniques and become confident in their use
- instill a belief that even small projects are worth managing professionally
- know what to ask a project manager in order to assess whether their planning and control are up to standard
- develop personal action plans for implementing improved project management methods
No courses currently scheduled
To book on a course please email the course title and the date you wish to attend to the Learning and Development Team. Please also let us know if you have any special requirements or would like us to make reasonable adjustments in order that you can get the maximum benefit from the training.
If no dates are scheduled you will be able to add your name onto a waiting list and you will be contacted when a date has been arranged. To register interest in a future course please email the Learning and Development Team with the title of the course you wish to attend.
If you are registered, training is available via e-learning, through Learning Nexus see the E-Learning page for more information about the courses available and how to access them.