If you want to show, demonstrate or perform a hypnotism act in public you'll need to get our consent. 

How to apply

You'll need to apply for a hypnotism consent for each separate premises or venue that you want to use and you'll need to apply for this at least 28 days before the performance. 

You'll need to have the appropriate public liability insurance for any proposed events.  Hypnotism consent conditions will apply to any consent granted.

Length of consent

The consent will only cover the performance you have applied for.   You will need to apply separately for every event or demonstration you want to perform.


Hypnotism Act 1952 (as amended)


If you have a complaint that a hypnotist is causing a nuisance, or if you think there has been a breach of licence conditions, please contact us. 

If you are in the UK, you can also contact Consumer Direct who will give you advice.  From outside the UK please contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Public register

If you would like to view our public register for hypnotism consents please contact us.

Trade associations

Agents Association


The Society for all Artists