Please read our information about personal licences before you apply.

How to apply

You'll need to fill in the application form and send this to us.  There is a disclosure of criminal convictions and declaration form at the end of the application form that you'll also need to fill in and sign.

You'll also need to send us:

  • your original licensing qualification certificate
  • a criminal conviction certificate or criminal record certificate or the results or a subject access search of the police national computer by the national intelligence service - this must be less than one month old

    We have to tell the police about any relevant unspent convictions associated with an application. 

  • two photographs of yourself, one of which has been endorsed as a true likeness of yourself by a solicitor or notary, a person of standing in the community or any individual with a professional qualification. 

You can find out more about these documents in our guide to personal licences.


You'll be charged a fee for this application.  Please make sure you are aware of how much this will cost.