If you have an issue with a premises licensed for animals there are different people you should contact depending on the complaint.  

Consumer complaint

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you – preferably in the form of a letter (with proof of delivery).  If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Consumer Direct will give you advice.  From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Complaint about a premises

Please contact our environmental health service by telephone or email if you want to tell us about an issue with a licensed premises for animals.

If you feel that a premises is not operating in the right way or the premises is not suitable for the safety of the animals or the protection of the public you can tell us about this.