Advertising your application in the newspaper
Within seven days of applying for a sex establishment licence a notice advertising the application must be published in a local newspaper circulating within the area of the town where the licence is applied for. It is your responsibility to publish this notice.
We can prescribe the form of notice and accordingly require you to follow the format set out in the template below.
Applicants should note that a complete copy of the newspaper in which the advertisement has been inserted will need to be sent to us for the attention of the licensing manager.
Advertising your application at the premises
You'll also need to (if the application is in respect of a premises)display a notice of the application on or near the premises in a place where it can conveniently be read by the public for 21 days beginning with the date that the application is received by us.
It is your responsibility to display this notice.
We will need evidence that you have done this. We can prescribe the form of notice and accordingly require you to follow the format set out in the template below. Please also note that:
- Where the premises cover an area of more than 50 square meters, a further identical notice must be displayed every 50 metres along the external perimeter of the premises abutting any highway
- The notice must be on white paper sized A4 or larger and printed legibly in black ink or typed in black in a font size equal to or larger than 16
The notice must be securely affixed on or near the premises to which it relates for a period of 21 days in order to comply.
Instructions for completing notice
You'll need to print off the template notice below and fill in the following information at each number:
- name of applicant
- date upon which the application was delivered to the council
- postal address of the premises
- delete as applicable
- the proposed days and hours of operation (opening hours)
- the type of entertainment to be provided (by sexual entertainment venues only - otherwise delete this section)
- the date upon which the notice is first displayed must be filled in