Please read our information about sex establishment licences and our sex establishment licensing policy before you apply. 

How to apply

If you hold a sex establishment licence and you want to make changes to that licence then you'll need to apply for a variation.

This could be a proposed change to the hours, a change to the conditions of the licence or a change to the premises itself. 

To apply you'll need to fill in the application form and send this to us.

A full copy must also be sent to:

Devon and Cornwall Police
Licensing Department (East)
Devon and Cornwall Police HQ
EX2 7HQ 

If you just want to tell us that, as licence holder, you've changed your name or address this is a different application. 


You must put up public notices at the premises giving details of the application.  

A copy of that notice must also be advertised in a local newspaper.

More information and a template to follow are in our guidance for the display of notices for sex establishments.


You'll be charged a fee for this application.  Please make sure you are aware of how much this will cost.