How to apply
Please telephone us first to check that a pitch is available.
Once we have confirmed that the pitch and date that you want is available you can apply online.
You'll need to know:
- full details of the stall and goods to be sold
- the dates you propose to trade
- details of your public liability insurance
You will need to pay a fee for the consent. Please make sure you are aware of how much this will cost.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
You'll need to upload a photograph of your stall, vehicle or barrow that will be used.
You'll need information from your public liability insurance document.
You'll need a credit or debit card.
When we receive your application we'll check it to make sure it's been completed correctly. We'll telephone you if there is anything else we need.
As soon as we have the complete application and all the information we need, we'll accept it. We may circulate your application to the following bodies to ask for comments:
- the police
- trading standards
- the highway authority
- our environmental health service
- local residents and businesses who may be affected by your application may also be consulted before any street trading consent may be granted
The consent will then either be granted and we'll send you our consent in the post or it may be refused or have additional conditions added to it.
What you can do if you haven't heard from us
It is in the public interest that we process your application before deciding if it can be granted. This means that you'll need to wait for our decision before you start trading. If after two weeks you haven't heard from us please contact us by email or telephone for an update.
You can also apply by completing this street trading application form and sending it to us in the post or delivering it to our offices.
You'll need to telephone us first to check that a pitch is available on your chosen date.
You will need to send with the application:
- a cheque for the fee (made payable to East Devon District Council)
- a current certificate of insurance for the business
- a photograph of your stall, vehicle or barrow
If you would like to come into the office and speak to us about your application then please telephone to make an appointment.