Street trading is the selling of or offering to sell things in the street.


There are streets where street trading is allowed to take place in Axminster, Exmouth, Honiton, Seaton and Sidmouth. These are referred to as 'consent streets'. 

If you want to trade from one of these streets you must get our consent to do so.

Charitable street trading

A registered charity can apply for a street trading consent to cover an event on the Esplanade or Square in Seaton.

The charity will need to tell us the details of individual traders and what goods will be sold on each stall.


Before making an application you'll need to read our street trading policy.  This will also tell you which streets in the district are consent streets.

Please note that we intend to consult on a new street trading policy.

How to apply

There are different applications you'll need to fill in depending on the type of street trading consent you want to apply for:

If you want to apply to trade on one of our consent streets you'll need to apply for a street trading consent.

If you want to apply as a registered charity for consent for a street trading event you'll need to apply for a charitable street trading consent.

If you want to apply to trade on the seafront at Sidmouth Folk Festival, application forms for pitches will be published on this website on the 01 April 2016.

Changing your consent

You will need to make an application if you want to make changes to your street trading consent.


If you have an issue with a street trader you can telephone us or write to us with the details. 

You can also contact us if you want to know if someone has been granted a street trading consent.