4. Application process
- Only fully completed applications will be considered.
- Applications will be considered and permission to trade from pitches will be issued on a first-come first-served basis.
- Correctly completed applications consist of:-
- Completed application form, giving full details of the stall, goods to be sold
- A photograph of the stall, vehicle or barrow to be used.
- Application fee
- Proof of public liability insurance (minimum of £2 million) being in place.
- Completed applications should be forwarded to the licensing office.
Details of all applications for street trading permits may be circulated to the following bodies and comments may be invited.
- the police
- trading standards
- the highway authority
- the council’s environmental health service, local residents and businesses who may be affected by your application may also be consulted before any street trading consent may be granted
- The council may cancel a street trading consent after it has been granted. This may be for a variety of reasons. For example: non-compliance with the conditions, non-payment of the fee or because other agencies, for example, the highways department require access to the trading location.
- Should the council cancel a street trading permit the council shall not in any circumstances whatsoever be liable to pay any compensation to the permit holder or people employed by them in respect of the cancellation.
- If an application is refused or a street trading consent cancelled there is no statutory right of appeal against the council's decision other than seeking the high court’s permission for judicial review.