- Fees are determined by location, length of consent and time of year. Please refer to the fee schedule to determine the appropriate fee for what is being sought. Fees are set by the Council and will be reviewed, normally, on annual basis.
- The first £30 of any application fee is a contribution towards the Council’s processing fee while the remainder is towards the costs of administering / enforcing the street consent regime.
- All applications must be accompanied by the full fee, save for annual consents which must be accompanied by at least half the relevant fee. If an application is refused, following the deduction of the £30 processing fees, any remaining fees will be refunded.
- Any outstanding fees for annual consents must be paid on the 6 month anniversary of the issuing of the consent. A failure to make the second payment (or a dishonoured payment) will be a breach of the conditions attached to the consent and revocation of the consent will be considered.
- Payments may be made by direct debit or using the online payment system available to the public. Please ask for information if you wish to pay by these methods. Cheques should be made payable to “East Devon District Council”. Payment can also be made by card by telephoning the Licensing Service on 01395 517411.
- Fees for consents granted for 1 to 12 months will be reimbursed to consent holders where they cease to trade and surrender their consent to the Council. Any fee reimbursement will be on a pro rata basis from when the consent is surrendered (by way of being returned to the Council) minus a £10 administration fee.
- Should the Council revoke a street trading consent the Council shall not in any circumstances whatsoever be liable to pay any compensation or reimburse any fees to the consent holder or people employed by them in respect of such revocation.