2. Policy statement and procedure
- The Council’s aim is to create a street trading environment which complements premises based trading, is sensitive to the needs and amenities of residents, provides diversity of consumer choice, and seeks to enhance the character, and ambience of local environments.
An application for a street trading consent must be made to the Licensing Team at East Devon District Council in writing or online through the Council’s street trading section of the website. If you need any help in completing the application form please contact the Council’s Licensing Team on 01395 517411 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The Council offices are open to members of the public between the hours of 8.30 am and 5.00 pm Monday to Fridays. Appointments should be made in advance of visiting the council offices to ensure being seen and to allow staff to prepare documentation that you might be needed.
- An applicant for the first time grant of an annual Street Trading Consent should give a minimum of 60 days notice to the Council.
- The application and approval procedure comprises certain stages, detailed below.
- Please note that there are separate sections dealing with Sidmouth Folk Week and Seaton Registered Charities Consents at the end of this guidance document.