4. Stage 2 - consultations
- Before a street trading consent is granted, the council will carry out a consultation process with various persons and organisations seeking comment from them, namely:
- The Highways Authority (Devon County Council)
- Devon and Cornwall Police
- Devon and Somerset Fire & Rescue Service (DSFR) where appropriate
- The Council’s Environmental, Commercial and Environment Protection Teams
Non-statutory bodies / persons
- The relevant Ward Members
- The appropriate Parish or Town Council
- Neighbouring residents / businesses
- Where practicable, 21 days will be given for representations to be received.
- No consultation will carried out on applications for established events or sites (such as Sidmouth Folk Week and regular applications from registered local charities for consents on the Seaton Esplanade or sites which become established as consent sites in the future).
- Comments (whether supporting or objecting) will be assessed to determine their relevance on the basis of the criteria set out in Stage 5 below (paragraphs 32-40). In addition, consideration will be given as to whether an objection is vexatious or repetitive. All those comments which are deemed to be relevant and not vexatious or repetitive will be taken into account as part of the decision making process.