To transfer your hackney carriage vehicle licence to another vehicle you'll need to complete the application for hackney carriage vehicle licence - transfer and send it to our licensing team together with your:

  • fee, please make all cheques payable to East Devon District Council, credit or debit card payment can be made by telephoning the licensing office
  • insurance certificate or cover note  (to be a minimum of £1,000,000) in accordance with Part VI of the Road Traffic Act 1988
  • vehicle registration document or lease agreement
  • vehicle inspection report, together with an MOT certificate, if applicable (vehicles may be tested up to six weeks before your application) vehicle inspection report form

Both the vehicle registration document and the insurance policy holder must be the same as the applicant of the licence.