You will need to apply to renew your licence before it expires. The licensing service will try to remind licence holders when their licence is due to expire. However it is the responsibility of each driver to re-apply for their licence before it expires.
How to apply
- you will need to complete a hackney carriage driver renewal form
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- a completed application form for renewal of Hackney Carriage Driver Licence
- annual fee. Please make cheques payable to East Devon District Council, credit or debit card payments can be made by telephoning us - note credit card payments incur a 1.5% additional charge
- your original driving licence, if you have a photcard driving licence please forward both the card and the paper licence
- a recent passport size photograph
- medical certificate (only if enclosed with your renewal letter)
- Disclosure and Barring Service Check (only if guidance notes enclosed with your renewal letter)
Your new licence will be issued when all the relevant checks are complete.
If you would like to come into the office and speak to us about your application then please telephone us to make an appointment.