4. Private hire operators licence
Before a licence is issued we need to be satisfied that:
- An applicant for an operator’s licence is a fit and proper person to hold such a licence.
- The application form is completed to our satisfaction and accompanied by the appropriate licence fee.
- Convictions recorded after the completion of the form must be reported in writing to us within seven days. Failure to do so may render the licence, if granted, liable to suspension.
- Subject to the provisions of Section 70 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 the fee for the grant of a licence shall be as determined by us.