You need to apply to renew your drivers licence before it expires on 31 May each year.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
You will need to:
- Complete an application form for renewal of private hire driver licence
- Pay the annual fee. Please make cheques payable to East Devon District Council, credit or debit card payments can be made by telephoning the licensing office - note credit card payments incur a 1.5% additional charge
- Provide us with your original driving licence - if you have a photo card driving licence please forward both the card and the paper licence
- Provide a recent passport size photograph
- Provide us with medical certificate (only if enclosed with your renewal letter)
- Provide us with your Disclosure and Barring Service check (only if guidance notes enclosed with your renewal letter)
Your new licence will be issued when all the relevant checks are complete.