You need to apply to renew your drivers licence before it expires on 31 May each year.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
You will need to:
- Complete an application form. Renewal application forms are not available online as these are sent to the licence holder one month prior to the current licence expiry date or by request from the licensing office.
- To comply with the Immigration Act 2016 the Council is required to check your eligibility to live and work in the UK. If this Council has not already carried out this check you will need to make an appointment with a licensing officer where you will be required to confirm that you are able to live and work in the UK and that on request you will be able to provide evidence of this.
- Pay the annual fee. Please make cheques payable to East Devon District Council, credit or debit card payments can be made by telephoning the licensing office - note credit card payments incur a 1.5% additional charge
- Provide us with your original driving licence - if you have a photo card driving licence please forward both the card and the paper licence
- Provide a recent passport size photograph
- Provide us with medical certificate (only if enclosed with your renewal letter)
- Provide us with your Disclosure and Barring Service check (only if guidance notes enclosed with your renewal letter)
Your new licence will be issued when all the relevant checks are complete.