6. Project timeline - key dates
It is important to note that these dates remain indicative only as there are a mix of factors outside the control of the council that may create delays in this process. The project will adapt as necessary.
- Relocation to Honiton complete.
- Relocation to refurbished Exmouth Town Hall.
- Cabinet and Council (separately) will take the opportunity to review the Project. This is known as Gateway 7 which is to note satisfaction of the financial requirements and restrictions of the Final Design, confirmation of Contractors Project Costs, advice regarding Planning Application for EDDC at Heathpark and for Pegasus Life Ltd at Knowle.
- Development Management Committee is expected to determine the planning application by East Devon District Council for Heathpark, Honiton.
- Development Management Committee is expected to determine the planning application by Pegasus Life Ltd for Knowle.
- Project update to Cabinet and Full Council (agenda from 6 April 2016).
- Contractor appointed for Pre-construction Role (part of the 2 stage tendering process).
- Design team Aecom appointed.
- East Devon exchanges contracts with Pegasus Life Ltd - the developer selected to purchase and develop Knowle. Pegasus specialises in providing retirement and extra care facilities, for which there is huge demand in Sidmouth and the wider area.
- Cabinet (minutes from 11 March 2015), Audit and Governance and Overview and Scrutiny Committees combined (minutes from 12 March 205) and Full Council (minutes from 25 March 2015) consider relocation recommendations based on independent financial modelling and audit. Council decides to proceed toward contract for sale of the Knowle site to Pegasus Life Ltd, offer the retained parkland to Sidmouth Town Council and relocate to offices in Honiton and Exmouth.
- Cabinet (minutes from 3 December 2014) and Council (minutes from 17 December 2014) advised that a Town and Village Green application was refused and marketing of Knowle and Manstone completed. Decisions taken to not sell Heathpark and therefore not retain Skypark as preferred relocation site due to lack of financial viability. Cabinet (minutes from 3 December 2014) agrees to a twin site solution involving Heathpark and Exmouth Town Hall. Members ask for independent testing of relocation financial projections.
- Cabinet (minutes from 5 February 2014) considers site options and prioritises Skypark. Preferred developer for Heathpark selected.
- Cabinet (minutes from 4 September 2013) agrees a shortlist of potential new office sites to further investigate and negotiate on sale of Heathpark site for food retail.
- Cabinet (minutes from 17 July 2013) confirms its agreement to sell Knowle site and move to new offices. Officers asked to conduct wider site search for new office location.
- Application for residential development on the Knowle site rejected by Development Management Committee (minutes from 1 March 2013). Council reviews options including both relocation and refurbishment of Knowle buildings.
- Selection process for relocation project management completed and appointment of Davis Langdon as contracted provider.
- Following the May 2011 elections Cabinet (minutes from 13 July 2011) agrees to implement an office relocation programme.