Awarded Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor
Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion Theatre has topped the bill with its own audiences after being awarded a Certificate of Excellence Award from TripAdvisor.
Staff at the venue, owned and managed by East Devon District Council, are thrilled with the surprise accolade and believe they are one of the few theatres in the South West to have received such an award.
The 277 seat theatre continues to go from strength to strength and has attracted more than 32,000 visitors in the last year with over 265 performances. Investment and improvements made to the venue by the council over the years have helped towards increasing ticket sales and more sell out shows.
Graham Whitlock, Theatre Manager, said:
We are all delighted to receive this award especially as we have always aimed to give the best possible service and experience to all our customers. The award recognises the continual hard work and commitment made by our dedicated team.
Cllr John O'Leary, East Devon District Council’s champion for culture, added:
The Manor Pavilion Theatre shows the council’s commitment to the arts and theatre in East Devon. This is a wonderful venue which is now gaining audiences from all over the UK -becoming a major attraction for locals and visitors alike.
The TripAdvisor website allows travellers and visitors to post reviews of venues, hotels and holiday destinations across the world, promoting business and encouraging bookings.
Compliments on the website left by visitors to the Manor Pavilion Theatre include:
- It is so good to see live theatre in such a delightful theatre. There is a summer season of plays and the theatre is well used all year around.
- We make sure to book at least one performance at this friendly little theatre every time we visit Sidmouth.
- A really lovely little theatre. Where else would you be shown your seat before you chose?
- A very good local theatre, keeping theatre alive.
- Wonderful theatre lovingly managed and maintained, enhancing the overall experience for theatre goers.
Graham said that the award was a real boost for everyone involved including his staff, Julia Stevens, Joan Heard, Marsha Hoare and Charlene Sykes.
The theatre is open all year round and we always aim to have an interesting and varied programme. We are opening with our biggest and most exciting Summer Season ever and with our Excellence Award 2015, the future has never looked brighter.