Five different types of temporary election posts need to be filled
East Devon District Council’s elections service is looking to appoint the following temporary election staff to help out with the Police and Crime Commissioner election in May 2016
There are various roles available:
- Presiding Officers - responsible for the conduct of the ballot in the polling stations and must have a good knowledge of the voting procedures. Hours of work: 6.15am to10.15pm (without leaving the polling station) on 5 May 2016.
- Poll Clerk - to assist the Presiding Officer in the conduct of the ballot in the polling stations. Hours of work: 6.15am to 10.15pm (without leaving the polling station) on 5 May 2016.
- Verification/Count Assistant - to open ballot boxes, ensure the contents agree with the Ballot Paper Accounts and then count the votes for each candidate in the election. Hours of work: (verification) 10.45pm to finish, on night of 5 May 2016 and (count) 10am to finish, on Friday 6 May 2016.
- Postal Vote Issuers - working in pairs, checking against lists that the correctly numbered ballot papers are inserted into the postal packs. Recording numbers and then sealing and counting the envelopes. Hours of work: 9am to 5pm on Monday 18 April 2016.
- Postal Vote Openers - working in pairs, opening and checking contents of envelopes. Check data against a computer screen (instruction given) and counting number of ballot papers received. Hours of work: 9am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm, from Monday 25 April to Wednesday 4 May 2016. Please note that sessions are held depending on volume of postal votes received.
The rates of pay for election staff will be confirmed prior to the election.
If you are interested, please contact Electoral Services on 01395 517402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or print and complete the form available on our website.