Tickets for productions go on sale on Friday 26 May
Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion Theatre is unveiling its unique Summer Play Season line-up at a special launch night on Thursday May 25.
The theatre – owned and managed by East Devon District Council - is the last in the UK to offer a season of repertory productions that seamlessly change every week from June to September.
Top West End Producer Paul Taylor-Mills will be taking the helm for his fifth season of producing the 12 iconic plays at the theatre. Paul has won many accolades for his productions over the years including a trio of Olivier Awards last year for his musical ‘In the Heights’ and audiences can expect productions on a par with the West End.
The 2017 season will feature:
• Thursday 22 June to Wednesday 28 June: Caught in the Net by Ray Cooney
• Thursday 29 June to Wednesday 5 July: Murder in Company by Philip King and John Bolland
• Thursday 6 July to Wednesday 12 July: The Odd Couple by Neil Simon
• Thursday 13 July to Wednesday 19 July: Ladies in Lavender by Sean McKenna based on the screenplay by Charles Dance
• Thursday 20 July to Wednesday 26 July: Dial M for Murder by Frederick Knott
• Thursday 27 July to Wednesday 2 August: Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
• Thursday 3 August and Friday 4 August/Saturday 12 August to Wednesday 16 August: The Birds by Conor McPherson
• Thursday 17 August to Wednesday 23 August: Relative Values by Noel Coward
• Thursday 24 August to Wednesday 30 August: Birthday Suite by Robin Hawdon
• Thursday 31 August to Wednesday 6 September: Absent Friends by Alan Ayckbourn
• Thursday 7 September to Wednesday 13 September: Hobson’s Choice by Harold Brighouse
• Thursday 14 September to Friday 22 September: House Guest by Francis Durbridge.
The Launch Night, which starts at 8pm, is an opportunity to come along and meet Paul and some of the company who will be performing in the productions. The event is free but tickets must be obtained from the theatre box office on 01395 514413 in advance.
Tickets for the summer season go on sale on Friday 26 May from 10am to 2pm at the theatre box office. Phone lines for the season open on Saturday 27 May from 10am to 2pm. Ticket prices are £16/£17 with seats for under-16s costing £8. Group discounts are available along with great value full and half season tickets. To book, call the theatre box office. For further information about productions at the theatre, visit the Manor Pavilion Theatre website. You can also keep in touch with the theatre through Facebook at the Manor Pavilion Theatre Sidmouth and on twitter @manorpavilion.