We'll be recycling them at eight different sites in the first week of January
East Devon is recycling Christmas trees at eight different sites in early January.
The trees will be shredded and the chippings will be used in local parks and gardens.
Take your Christmas tree along to one of the following recycling events:
- Harbour Road car park, Seaton on Wednesday January 3, from 8.30am to 11.30am.
- Imperial Road car park, Exmouth on Wednesday January 3, from 8.30am to 2pm.
- West Street car park, Axminster on Wednesday January 3, from 12.30pm to 2.30pm.
- Lime Kiln, Budleigh Salterton on Thursday January 4, from 8.30am to 11.30am.
- Lace Walk car park, Honiton on Thursday January 4, from 8.30am to 11.30am.
- Land of Canaan car park, Ottery St Mary on Thursday January 4 from 12.30pm to 2.30pm.
- Victory Hall Broadclyst on Thursday January 4 from 12.30pm to 2.30pm.
- Manor Road, Sidmouth on Friday January 5 from 8.30am to 12 noon.
All residents received information about the seasonal changes to our recycling and waste collections earlier this month.
Householders can also find out about their collections by putting their postcode in to the ‘when is my bin collected’ area on the website. The council also has a really useful smart phone app which will send reminders about recycling and waste collection days tailored to your own address. The East Devon mobile app is free and is available to download for iphone users from the Apple App Store and for Android smart phone users from the Google Play Store.
East Devon residents will be able to recycle Christmas wrapping paper this year, as they have been able to in previous years. However, as is normal practice, we are unable to accept shiny, metallic, plastic or glittered wrapping paper for recycling as this type of material cannot be accepted by our recycling mill.
For further information on East Devon’s recycling and waste service call us on 01395 571515 or look at our website www.eastdevon/onboard