Top West End producer, Paul Taylor Mills, presents UK’s longest standing weekly rep season at Sidmouth’s Manor Pavilion Theatre
The immensely popular annual three month summer rep season at Manor Pavilion Theatre in Sidmouth is well under way and is breaking all box office records with box office takings in excess of £123,000 in the first month alone.
Running from 21 June to 21 September 2018, the summer play season is produced by West End luminary Paul Taylor Mills and features favourite thrillers and comedies, as well as new drama.
The theatre – owned and managed by East Devon District Council - is the last in the UK to offer a season of repertory productions that seamlessly change every week from June to September.
Top West End Producer Mr Taylor-Mills will be taking the helm at Manor Pavilion Theatre for his sixth season, producing a choice selection of plays by renowned writers such as Alan Ayckbourn, Brian Clemens and Ray Cooney. Paul has won many accolades for his productions over the years including a trio of Olivier Awards for his musical ‘In the Heights’ and audiences can expect productions on a par with the capital.
The remaining plays in the 2018 season are:
• Thursday 12 July to Wednesday 18 July: Relatively Speaking by Alan Ayckbourn
• Thursday 19 July to Wednesday 25 July: Jamaica Inn by Daphne Du Maurier adapted by Lisa Evans
• Thursday 26 July to Wednesday 1 August: Gaslight by Patrick Hamilton
• Thursday 2 August to Wednesday 3 August: Handbagged by Moira Buffini
• Thursday 11 August to Wednesday 15 August: Handbagged by Moira Buffini
• Thursday 16 August to Wednesday 22 August: Funny Money by Ray Cooney
• Thursday 23 August to Wednesday 29 August: Strictly Murder by Brian Clemens
• Thursday 30 August to Wednesday 5 September: Barefoot in the park by Neil Simon
• Thursday 6 September to Wednesday 12 September: Death Knell by James Cawood
• Thursday 13 September to Wednesday 21 September: Lend me a tenor by Ken Ludwig
Cllr John O’Leary, East Devon District Council’s champion for culture, said:
“Audiences would normally have to go to London to see performances of this standard, so we are very lucky indeed to have a director of Paul Taylor Mills calibre bringing such a fantastic mix of comedies, farces, dramas and thrillers to Sidmouth for us to enjoy. Paul’s approach is both innovative and entertaining and I must congratulate theatre manager Graham Whitlock for ensuring the continuity of our association with this top producer. East Devon District Council is very proud of Manor Pavilion Theatre, which punches way beyond the weight of other provincial playhouses.”
Tickets for the summer season are available from the theatre box office on 01395 514413. Phone lines are open from 10am to 2pm. Ticket prices are £16/£17 with seats for under-16s costing £8. Group discounts are available along with great value full and half season tickets. To book, call the theatre box office.
For further information about productions at the theatre, visit the Manor Pavilion Theatre website at www.manorpavilion.com. You can also keep in touch with the theatre through Facebook at the Manor Pavilion Theatre Sidmouth and on twitter @manorpavilion.