We can deal with many types of noise complaints from residential or commercial premises. If you are unsure, we would recommend making contact with us in person or by telephone first. We can then discuss the process with you personally and you can then decide whether or not to formalise your complaint. We may suggest using mediation as a way forward.
If you consider your complaint to be of an urgent nature, please contact our "out of hours" service on 01395 516854 after 5pm or weekends.
We do not consider anonymous complaints unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- Your contact information including address, telephone numbers and email (where applicable).
- The address and other information about where the noise is coming from.
- Description of the noise.
- Date and times of the noise and how often it affects you.
- And finally whether or not you have reported this situation to us before.
We will normally contact you within two working days to explain how your complaint will be dealt with. You may wish to look through our continuously expanding library of pages on noise for further information.
Our initial contact with you may be a telephone call, an email or a letter. We will endeavour to use your preferred contact method wherever possible.
You may prefer to write, email, telephone or even call in to speak to an officer. We would recommend that you make an appointment before calling in first as our officers are often working out of the office.