1. Car parking permits
We offer three standard types of permits:
This type of permit can be used in a specified town or area. The area will be specified on the permit. You are allowed to visit each short stay car park in that area for up to three hours a day. You can only make one visit to each short stay car park a day. It also allows you to stay in the long stay car parks within that area for as long as you need.
This type of permit gives the same benefits as the town/area permit but also allows holders to park in any other council long and short stay car parks throughout East Devon for up to three hours. You can only make one visit to each car park a day.
This type of permit allows you to park in any short stay car park for up to three hours a day and for as long as needed in long stay car parks across East Devon. You can only make one visit to each short stay car park a day.
There are four town/area options to choose from:
- Axminster, Beer, Colyton and Seaton
- Exmouth, Budleigh Salterton and Lympstone
- Honiton and Ottery St Mary
- Sidmouth and Sidford
In addition to the standard permit we offer the following types of permits:
- Commercial coach/lorry – commercial permits are transferable to all of our coach/lorry parks.
- Residents parking permit (Camperdown Terrace, Exmouth) – this permit is only for residents that live near the car park.
- Residents parking permit (Dolphin Street, Colyton) – this permit is only for residents that live near the car park.
- Residents parking permit (Underhill, Lympstone) – this permit is only for residents that live near the car park.
- Guest house / Holiday let – these permits are for use by guests paying for temporary accommodation at your guest house / holiday let. Please call 01395 571780 for further details.
- LED Exmouth – this permit is for LED Unlimited and Aqua members. The permit can be used in the Imperial Road short stay car park and is valid for 1 visit per day for maximum of 3 hours.
East Devon car parking permits are not valid for any Devon County Council pay and display zones. Please see the car parks location and information page to see where the permit is valid for use.
If you would like to buy a parking permit please complete our online application for a parking permit. If you would like to buy a LED Exmouth permit please complete our online application for LED Exmouth permit. If you would like a disabled permit please complete our application for a disabled parking permit. If you have lost your permit, you can report this to us by completing our request replacement parking permit online form.