4. Conditions of use
Conditions of sale
- Permits are only valid for use in the vehicle that bears the vehicle registration number recorded on the permit by East Devon District Council.
- Altered or defaced permits are not valid.
- Annual and six monthly permits can be purchased at any time of the year (similar to the Road Tax Disc).
- All permits start from the first day of the month chosen by the applicant.
Display the permit
- The permit holder will be given an adhesive disc to enable it to be clearly displayed in the front windscreen.
- Failure to clearly display the permit in a conspicuous position as detailed above, or staying in excess of the maximum time permitted may result in a Penalty Charge Notice being issued.
- Vehicles must be parked wholly within the parking bays indicated by the markings on the surface of the car parks.
- When parked in a designated space for use by disabled people, a valid disabled person's blue badge must accompany the permit and be clearly displayed.
- It is the driver's responsibility to ensure that the permit(s) are clearly displayed before leaving the vehicle.
- There is no charge for transferring a permit to another vehicle. However, the old permit must be returned to our council offices before a new permit can be issued. Please complete our online parking permit vehicle change form.
- In the case of lost permits please complete our online request replacement parking permit form.
Restriction of use of permit in short stay car parks
- In the short stay car parks listed below the permit is only valid for use for one visit in each of them on each day Monday to Saturday inclusive between 8am and 6pm.
- The permit is only valid for up to three hours of parking.
- There is no restriction of use of permits on Sundays. However, you can never stay in excess of any maximum stay restriction that is in place.
- The restriction of use condition governs when the permit is valid for use and only affects permit holders.
- A maximum stay restriction governs how long a vehicle can be parked and applies to everyone.
- We do not guarantee the availability of parking spaces.
- No refunds are given on permits.
- You must contact parking services and request a temporary permit whilst using a courtesy vehicle.
- East Devon car parking permits are not valid for any Devon County Council pay and display zones. Please see the car parks location and information page to see where the permit is valid for use.
- From 1 April 2014 motor homes are only permitted to park in East Devon District Council car parks between 8am to 10pm.
- Permits are issued in accordance with the terms and conditions of the East Devon District Council Parking Places Order, which is available for inspection at our council offices.