Before you apply, have you:
- checked if you need planning permission for the work you want to do?
- found out what you need to supply with an application?
- understood how much it will cost?
- Read the guidance notes for the completion of your application?
- You can download and complete the paper form by going to 'Other ways to do it'
Start the journey
More info about the journey
These documents and plans are required to be submitted - see our validation check list for more information on the type and quality of plans and information required.
- Completed form (two in total to be supplied unless the application is submitted electronically)
- A plan identifying the land to which the application relates drawn to an identified scale and showing the direction of North (four in total to be supplied unless the application is submitted electronically)
- Such evidence verifying the information included in the application as can be provided
- Such other information as is considered to be relevant to the application
- The appropriate fee
Local requirements include the following:
And may include some or all of the following. Please also see our validation check list which gives more detail on the quality and type of plans and reports to be submitted.
- Plans (four in total to be supplied unless the application is submitted electronically).
- Location plan at a scale of 1/1250 or 1/2500
– Existing and proposed elevations (for example, at a scale of 1:50 or 1:100)
– Existing and proposed floor plans (for example, at a scale of 1:50 or 1:100)
– Site survey plan (for example, at a scale of 1:50 or 1:100)
- Planning Statement setting out why the proposal does not need permission
- Details of any other extensions or outbuildings constructed - size, position and volume
- Cross section details in cases where ground levels vary, including levels of land outside the site where appropriate
Your application comes back to us to decide if you can go ahead. We'll look at how it affects the local area, the environment and other people. We will usually tell you our decision within six to eight weeks.
If you can't submit online, you can download and print a paper copy form from the Planning Portal website. You can complete this and send it into us.