East Devon, Exeter, Mid Devon and Teignbridge, in partnership with Devon County Council, are working together, engaging with stakeholders and communities, to prepare a new joint plan. By working together, the aim is to deliver the best possible outcomes for the provision of new homes, jobs and infrastructure for existing and future generations, while also protecting and enhancing the environment. The plan is being called the Greater Exeter Strategic Plan and the Greater Exeter area covers all of the four local authority areas, excluding Dartmoor National Park.
The purpose of the GESP is to:
- Have a joined-up vision and aspirations for the area
- Meet the area’s housing needs in the right locations
- Secure economic growth and increased prosperity
- Provide transport and infrastructure improvements needed to support sustainable growth
- Conserve and enhance the area’s environment
For further information please go to the GESP website.