4. How to register?
You will need to save the form once completed then email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can print it and post to Planning Policy, East Devon District Council, Knowle, Sidmouth EX10 8HL
To register you need to meet the following criteria:
- You must be aged 18 or over.
- You must be a British citizen, a national of an EEA State other than the United Kingdom, or a national of Switzerland.
- You must want to acquire a serviced plot of land to build a house to occupy as your sole or main home.
If you are seeking a plot to build a home to occupy jointly with a partner or other family members it would be helpful if the application is made from just one member of the household to apply as an individual. This avoids ‘double counting’, which would distort the register. Alternatively, family groupings could apply as an association. Where applications are made as individuals by members of the same household they will be entered onto the register if the eligibility criteria are met. However, unless details are given to justify why more than one sole or main residence would be required for a family group, we may record the data in such a way to take account of any potential distortion when ‘headline’ figures are monitored.
If the application is made by an association, then each member of the association must meet the eligibility criteria.
Once we have received your completed form we will:
- Determine your application within 28 days of receiving it.
- If the application is eligible, we will make an entry on the register and let you know that this has been done in writing within 28 days of determining the application. If the application is from an association, we will only notify the lead contact as identified in the application.
- If the application is not eligible we will write to you to explain the reasons within 28 days of determining the application. If the application is from an association, we will only notify the lead contact as identified in the application.
In order to keep the custom/self build register up to date we may contact you from time to time to check whether you wish to remain on the register. We appreciate that your circumstances may change and you may find a plot or decide that self/custom build is not for you. You may apply for removal from the register at any time. In addition if we consider that an individual or member of any association is no longer eligible for entry on the register, we may remove the entry from the register. In such cases we will notify the individual (or lead contact in the case of an association) in writing within 28 days of the date of our decision, giving the reasons for the decision.