9. What are the penalties for not complying with the CIL regime?
LPAs have a range of options available if applicants and/or liable persons do not submit the correct forms and notices or do not pay the CIL within given time frames. EDDC will be proportionate in its compliance action, but it could include any or all of the following:
- Payment benefits (such as instalments) can be forfeited.
- Surcharges can be applied
- A stop notice can be issued until payment received
- A liability order from the Court (followed by distress and sale of goods and / or a charging order)