You can search for a planning application, enforcement action or a planning appeal by address, postcode or map - or look at applications by week or month.
You can also make comments about an application, or track and set up alerts for new planning applications in your area of interest.
If you wish to make comments about an application, you can only make comments relating to 'planning considerations'. These, for example, include matters such as:
- The impact of a proposal on your property;
- The proposed design and materials;
- Issues relating to vehicular access and parking;
- Impact on trees;
- Noise issues, or
- Concerns about flooding.
Note: We may remove comments if we feel that they are defamatory or malicious.
There are also matters which are not classed as 'planning considerations' and, therefore, cannot be considered in the determination of an application. Examples of such matters include:
- Loss of value to your property;
- Loss of a view;
- Boundary and neighbour disputes, or;
- The impact of a proposal on private drainage systems.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
You can search by address, postcode, planning application number or via our map search facility.
If you intend to leave a comment regarding a planning application, you will be required to register before leaving a comment. When you have accessed the site, you have the option to register your details. Once registered you can:
- create your own personal profile;
- save details of searches you have made;
- track specific applications which you are interested in; and
- receive notification of changes to applications that you are tracking
You can also track the relevant application and will be informed by email once the planning decision has been made.
Alert Notifications – automatic notifications
This facility, once set up, will automatically notify you of any application that has been validated or decided within your selected criteria, such as a postcode, ward or parish. This facility is different from ‘Tracking’, which is for one specific application that you have decided to track.
To set up an alert notification, go to the Advanced Search on the search page (once you have pressed 'Start'). Then, under the ‘Dates’ selection, select the following:
- To receive a notification of applications submitted under your selected criteria, select: ‘Date Validated’ and put in a date that is at least one month old, (DO NOT select a ‘to’ date) and click on search at the bottom of the page. You can now save the search by using the ‘save’ button on the right had side of the page that shows your results.
- To receive notifications of all decisions issued in your selected criteria select: ‘Decision Date’ and put in a date that is at least one month old (DO NOT select a ‘to’ date) and click on search at the bottom of the page. You can now save the search by using the ‘save’ button on the right had side of the page that shows your results.
In both cases, above follow instructions on screen for continued email notification.
You can send your representation to us in writing or by email, using the contact details opposite. If the consultation period has ended, we are still obliged to accept representations until the decision is made.
Your letter/email must contain your name and address, without them, we cannot accept your representation.