Busking in East Devon

There is no licence required to busk or perform street entertainment in East Devon.  If you are busking to collect money for charity you will need to apply for a street collection permit.


On occasions busking may be intrusive, annoying or disturbing, particularly for people living or working nearby and there are byelaws in place to cover this.

Please see our buskers information leaflet.

The Law

Under the Environmental Protection Act 1990, noise in the street from musical instruments may be a statutory nuisance and the council is able to take legal action, this may include the seizure of musical instruments and amplification equipment

Children under 14 aren't allowed to busk.