This event has already happened.
An exhibition of major new works from The London Group and key works from the THG collection and private loans
In Plain Sight: The London Group - working in a range of mediums including: painting, drawing, photography, sculpture and film, each London Group artist will hide some element within the work to be discovered by the viewer. The diversity of approach of London Group members, one of its strengths, will ensure an exciting array of responses.
Thelma Hulbert and her London Group friends - Thelma Hulbert exhibited with The London Group in 1938. As her first professional exhibition, this was an important milestone in her career. With key works from the THG collection and loans from a private collection of works by pivotal London Group members: Claude Rogers, William Coldstream and Victor Pasmore, the exhibition explores Thelma’s creative friendships, artistic legacy and place within the history of British art.
Thursday - Saturday, 10am - 5pm (Wednesdays group bookings by appointment)
- 28 August, 2-3pm History of The London Group talk with Tim Craven, followed by Private View, 3-5pm.
- Art after 1950 - fascinating new art history talk series with renowned art historian John Francis.
- 8 September, 10.30–12.00: Art in Advertising
- 15 September, 10.30–12.00 : Landscape tradition
- 22 September, 10.30–12.00: Expressionism
- 6 October, 10.30–12.00: The Art of Protest
- 13 October, 10.30-12.00: John Francis in conversation with Tim Craven of The London Group and independent researcher Deborah Smith
£10 per talk (£8 concessions - students/THG Friends) More information and booking details
No booking necessary.
Pay & Display car park
Event aimed at everyone .
Accessible gallery - platform lift to first floor, accessible toilets, disabled parking
Access | Thelma Hulbert Gallery
Call on 01404 45006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org