Signing up for paperless notifications is a two-part process:
1. set up your account and then
2. click the "Yes I want to sign up now" link when you log in. This is the important bit to make sure we send you paperless notifications.
When you have completed these steps, we’ll send all future award (decision) letters to the email address you have given us, so please make sure you tell us if you change it.
Once you have set up your account you can also:
- see the amount and date we paid your Housing Benefit
- see your Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction award amounts
- see your Housing Benefit overpayment invoice and make a payment
Please complete the online form by clicking on the blue start button.
You don't need to register to:
Start the journey
More info about the journey
To register and view your details you will need:
- your email address
- a username (this can be your email address) and a password to access your records
- your nine digit benefit reference number starting with 500
- your National Insurance number
When you have registered, we will send you an activation email, which you must click on to activate your account and complete the registration process.
Once you have activated your account, you will be directed to a page where you will be able to:
- enter your nine digit benefit reference number starting with 500
- enter your personal details to access your account
- view your award details
If you prefer not to use this easy online service, please call us on 01395 571770 during our office opening hours for information about your Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction awards.
However, as the website is available 24 hours a day and is updated regularly, by registering online you can see current benefit award information and check the status of your claim.