Cookies information uses cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Guide An overview of Council Tax Support

Show all parts of this guide

8. How overpayments are recovered

If we overpay your Council Tax Support, we will add the amount of the overpayment to your Council Tax bill. We will collect the overpayment by increasing your monthly instalments.

We will not recover overpayments we have paid you for Housing Benefit from your Council Tax or overpayments for Council Tax from your Housing Benefit.