Please complete the online form by clicking on the blue start button.
Before you apply for Council Tax Support
- see how much you might get off your Council Tax bill.
- use the Online Claim help sheet for tips on completing our application form.
If you have recently applied for, or are in receipt of Universal Credit, please complete a full application form using the Start button below. You will need to provide your Universal Credit award letters to support your claim.
Any personal information which you provide will be held and used by East Devon District Council for the purpose of processing your Housing Benefit and/or in the administration of Council Tax.
- Your information may be provided to a third party acting on our behalf in processing your Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax.
- Your information may also be shared within East Devon District Council for the purposes of carrying out our lawful functions. Otherwise your personal information will not be disclosed to anybody outside East Devon District Council without your permission, unless there is a lawful reason to do so, for example disclosure is necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes.
- Your information will be held securely and will not be retained for any longer than is necessary.
There are a number of rights available to you in relation to our use of your personal information, depending on the reason for processing. Further detail about our use of your personal information can be found in the relevant Privacy Notice which can be accessed at eastdevon.gov.uk/privacy.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- National Insurance numbers for all adults.
- Payslips if you or your partner are employed. These can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. As we are unable to accept handwritten payslips, please ask your employer to complete a certificate of earnings.
- Self-employed accounts (latest). If these are not available, please complete the self-employed income sheet.
- Childcare charges. If you make regular payments to a registered childcare provider please complete a childcare charges form.
- Other income. Details of any pensions, benefits or tax credits you or your partner receive.
- Bank or building society accounts. Up to date balances, even if these are overdrawn. Remember to include ISAs, shares and premium bonds.
- Additional property or land you own in the UK or abroad.
- Your award letters if you are already in receipt of Universal Credit.
When you submit this online claim you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
We aim to process your claim within 14 days of you giving us all the information we need.
If evidence is needed, please supply this as quickly as possible. We will write or email to confirm what we require.
You can now email your evidence to email@example.com. We can accept scanned images or photographs of your evidence.
The quicker you provide the information, the quicker we can process your application.
- Phone 01395 517446
- Visit the offices - the benefits team are available Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5pm at:
Exmouth Town Hall and
Blackdown House, Border Road, Heathpark Industrial Estate, Honiton, EX14 1EJ