BEFORE YOU CLAIM!
Only certain groups can now claim Housing Benefit. Please check whether you need to claim Universal Credit.
If you make a Housing Benefit claim but are not eligible, this will delay any help to Universal Credit you may be entitled to.
You can also use this form to claim Council Tax Reduction
Before you apply for Housing Benefit, use the online calculator to see how much you might get towards your rent.
- use the Online Claim help sheet for tips on completing our application form
- use the evidence/proof checklist for the information you may need to provide
Please complete the online form by clicking on the blue start button.
PLEASE READ THE MESSAGE AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE BEFORE YOU CLAIM FOR HOUSING BENEFIT
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- National Insurance numbers for all adults
- Payslips if you or your partner are employed. These can be sent via email to email@example.com. As we are unable to accept handwritten payslips, please ask your employer to complete a certificate of earnings.
- Self-employed accounts (latest). If these are not available please complete the self-employed income sheet.
- Childcare Charges. If you make regular payments to a registered childcare provider please complete the childcare charges form.
- Other income. Details of any pensions, benefits or tax credits you or your partner receive.
- Bank or building society accounts. Up to date balances, even if these are overdrawn. Remember - ISAs, shares and premium bonds.
- Additional property or land you own in the UK or abroad.
- Proof of rent. Your landlord needs to complete the proof of rent form if you pay rent and you do not have an up to date tenancy agreement.
To ask for your Housing Benefit to be paid directly to your landlord, please complete the form.
When you submit this online claim you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
We aim to process your claim within 14 days of you giving us all the information we need.
If evidence is needed, please supply this as quickly as possible. We will write or email to confirm what we require.
You can now email your evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can accept scanned images or photographs of your evidence.
The quicker you provide the information, the quicker we can process your application.
Phone 01395 571770