Please complete the online form by clicking on the blue start button.
- If you pay rent to a landlord who is also a close relative* and you do not live in the same property then you may be able to claim Housing Benefit.
- If you pay rent to a landlord who is also a close relative* and you live in the same property then you will not be able to claim Housing Benefit.
* close relative is a parent, step-parent or parent-in-law; a brother or sister; a son, son-in-law, daughter, daughter-in-law, stepson, stepdaughter or partner of any of these.
We will need to ensure that the tenancy meets all the criteria of a fully commercial arrangement and will need more details in support of your claim.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- postcode of the property you wish to claim Housing Benefit for
- amount of rent payable
- landlord's bank account details
- evidence of rent payments
We aim to make a decision within 14 days of you giving us all the information we need.
If evidence is needed, please supply this as quickly as possible. We will write or email to confirm what we require.
You can now email your evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can accept scanned images or photographs of your evidence.
The quicker you provide the information, the quicker we can make a decision.
You have to complete this form online. There are no paper forms.
If you don't have a computer, there’s access to the web through Devon Libraries.