Please complete the online form by clicking on the blue start button.
From time to time we may ask you to complete a form to review your claim. We need to make sure the details we hold about you and your household are correct and up to date.
Please only use this form if we have asked you to
Any personal information which you provide will be held and used by East Devon District Council for the purpose of processing your Housing Benefit and/or in the administration of Council Tax.
- Your information may be provided to a third party acting on our behalf in processing your Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax.
- Your information may also be shared within East Devon District Council for the purposes of carrying out our lawful functions. Otherwise your personal information will not be disclosed to anybody outside East Devon District Council without your permission, unless there is a lawful reason to do so, for example disclosure is necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes.
- Your information will be held securely and will not be retained for any longer than is necessary.
There are a number of rights available to you in relation to our use of your personal information, depending on the reason for processing. Further detail about our use of your personal information can be found in the relevant Privacy Notice which can be accessed at eastdevon.gov.uk/privacy.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- National Insurance numbers for all adults
- Payslips if you or your partner are employed. These can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. As we are unable to accept handwritten payslips, please ask your employer to complete a certificate of earnings.
- Self-employed accounts (latest). If these are not available please complete the self-employed income form.
- Childcare Charges. If you make regular payments to a registered childcare provider please complete the childcare charges form.
- Other income. Details of any pensions, benefits or tax credits you or your partner receive.
- Bank or building society accounts. Up to date balances, even if these are overdrawn. Remember - ISAs, shares and premium bonds.
- Additional property or land you own in the UK or abroad.
- Proof of rent if you rent your home from a private landlord. Your landlord needs to complete the proof of rent form if you pay rent and you do not have an up to date tenancy agreement.
We aim to review your claim within 14 days of you giving us all the information we need.
If evidence is needed, please supply this as quickly as possible. You can now email your evidence to email@example.com. We can accept scanned images or photographs of your evidence.
The quicker you provide the information, the quicker we can review your claim. However, if you don't complete the form or send the evidence within a month, your payments will be suspended.
You have to complete this form online. There are no paper forms.
If you don't have a computer, there’s access to the web through Devon Libraries.