The Government will provide 100% business rates retail relief for the current year 2020/21 for the following occupied premises:
- Shops, restaurants, cafes, drinking establishments, cinemas, and live music venues
This is now extended to include:
- Sports, assembly and leisure premises
- Hotels, guest and boarding houses, holiday accommodation, caravan parks
- Nurseries on Ofsted’s Early Years Register
- Services to the public, including estate agents, letting agents, betting shops and bingo halls. View the extended list.
More information is available on the official Government website.
This means that around 1,000 East Devon businesses will benefit directly from this extended retail relief measure. This is in addition to the 3,345 businesses that already receive 100% small business rate relief (SBRR).
We are working hard to get these applied to your accounts so that your 2020/21 bill reflects the 100% relief provided by the Government.
We will be contacting businesses directly to confirm this has been applied to their account and will to do this over the coming weeks. We will update our website when this is happening.
If it is unclear whether a particular premises is eligible for the relief, we will contact the rate payer or they can email us at email@example.com