Please note that this scheme has now closed
On 21 December 2021, Government announced the introduction of the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant (OHLG) to support businesses in England in the Hospitality, Leisure and Accommodation sectors.
This support will take the form of a one-off grant funding scheme in Financial Year 2021-2022. The scheme is called the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant (OHLG), and administered by billing authorities in England.
The scheme will close for applications on 18 March 2022 and all final payments will be made and dispersed by 31 March 2022.
The amount of grant funding businesses will receive is based on the current rateable value (RV) of your premises.
Hospitality, accommodation and leisure premises can claim one-off grants of up to £6,000. The following thresholds apply for these businesses:
- a. A rateable value of exactly £15,000 or under on 30 December 2021 will receive a payment of £2,667.
- b. A rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 on 30 December 2021 will receive a payment of £4,000.
- c. A rateable value of exactly £51,000 or over on 30 December 2021 will receive a payment of £6,000.
Please note, eligibility to claim is subject to the following restrictions:
• Businesses that are not within the ratings system on the 30 December 2021 will not be eligible to receive funding under this scheme.
• The business continues to trade, including online, via delivery services etc. and also where the business is engaged in business activity; managing accounts, preparing for reopening, planning and implementing COVID-safe measures
• Businesses that have already received grant payments that equal the maximum permitted subsidy allowances will not be eligible to receive funding. BEIS Guidance for public authorities explaining the subsidies chapter of the TCA, World Trade Organisation rules on subsidies, and other international commitments can be found here.
• Businesses that are in Liquidation, dissolved, struck off or where a striking-off notice has been made, are not eligible for funding under this scheme.
• A table setting out the types of businesses that are eligible under the sector thresholds can be found within Annexe A page 18 of the guidance Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant Guidance (publishing.service.gov.uk). While not exhaustive this covers most of the businesses. If your business is not listed please contact us on Businessrates@eastdevon.gov.uk.
Every claim will be subject to anti-fraud assessment and account verification. Attempts to fraudulently claim public grant funding will result in funds being recovered and legal action being taken in every instance.
The funds can be accessed through a secure online claims system.
See the OHLG frequently asked questions for further guidance.
Click start to claim using the form
Start the journey
More info about the journey
The primary principle of the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant scheme is to support businesses that offer in-person services, where the main service and activity takes place in a fixed rate-paying premises, in the hospitality, leisure and accommodation sectors.
Ensure you have read and understood the Government guidance.
Ensure you have read the rules on subsidy allowance.
• Your business rate bill account number - an 8 digit number which you can find on your business rates bill starting 30******.
• Your details as registered rate payer.
• Your business details (including your company number, VAT number if registered, Unique Tax Reference number or charity number).
• Your bank account details and a photo or PDF of at least 3 months bank statements covering October, November and December to upload.
• Either a Utility bill, Insurance certificate or Tenancy/lease agreement.
For certain sectors you may need to provide additional information to confirm you qualify.
• You may need to upload a copy of your accounts or other information to show that more than 50% of your income is from the sector you selected
• You may need to upload information to show you have been actively trading over the last 0-6 months
We will process your OHLG application as quickly as possible.
If we have any questions about the information you have provided we will contact you directly.
We will notify you by email of the outcome and if successful we will make the payment by BACS transfer to the account details you have provided.