Guide Business Rates FAQ

Show all parts of this guide

9. The description of my property includes the words “and premises”; am I also being billed for the domestic part of the building?

No; this is the description used by the Valuation Office Agency (VOA)  to take into account all the constituent parts of the non-domestic property such as store room, kitchen area or toilet facilities. Any domestic element will be separately banded for Council Tax.