11. Revaluation Support Relief
In the 2017 Spring Budget the Government created a fund to provide support to businesses who had been affected by the 2017 Revaluation. It was for local authorities to design a scheme for granting support.
What rate relief is available in our scheme?
- The scheme provides rate relief for 2 years - 2017/18 and 2018/19.
- For 2017/18 the maximum relief available is £10,000 and the minimum threshold is £50.
- For 2018/19 relief is based on 50% of your 2017/18 award provided this does not fall below £50.
Main principles of the scheme
- Relief is available to local businesses (those with premises only in Devon) where the rateable value does not exceed £200,000
- Businesses must have been in occupation on 31 March 2017 and 1 April 2017
- Relief is calculated on a daily basis and will cease if you vacate
- No relief will be given to empty premises
- Rates must have increased by more than 2%. You are expected to pay the first 2% increase.
- Complies with EU state aid law
How to apply
Please complete the online Revaluation Support application form.
Please apply as soon as possible. If you qualify, we want to help by reducing your bill.