Please complete the online form by clicking on the blue start button.
Ratepayers of occupied property (who are not entitled to mandatory relief) with an RV which does not exceed £50,999 will have their bill calculated using the lower small business non-domestic rating multiplier.
Also, if the sole or main property has an RV not exceeding £14,999, the ratepayer will receive a percentage reduction in their rates bill for this property. For a property with an RV below £12,001, relief is 100 per cent.
The percentage reduction is available where the ratepayer occupies either:
- one property with an RV not exceeding £14,999: or
- one main property and additional properties, where the additional properties each does not have an RV exceeding £2,899 and is not in receipt of SBRR and the sum of the RV of all the property occupied does not exceed £19,999
If the RV or aggregate RV increases above those levels, relief will cease from the day of the increase.
For those businesses that take on an additional property which would normally have meant the immediate loss of SBRR, they will be allowed to keep that relief for a period of 12 months.
Any personal information which you provide will be held and used by East Devon District Council for the purpose of administering Non Domestic Rates.
- Your information may be provided to a third party acting on our behalf in administering Non Domestic Rates.
- Your information may also be shared within East Devon District Council for the purposes of carrying out our lawful functions. Otherwise your personal information will not be disclosed to anybody outside East Devon District Council without your permission, unless there is a lawful reason to do so, for example disclosure is necessary for crime prevention or detection purposes.
- Your information will be held securely and will not be retained for any longer than is necessary.
There are a number of rights available to you in relation to our use of your personal information, depending on the reason for processing. Further detail about our use of your personal information can be found in the relevant Privacy Notice which can be accessed at eastdevon.gov.uk/privacy.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
East Devon District Council requires the ratepayer (and not an agent) to complete an application. If the ratepayer is a limited company, you must be a director of that company to complete an application.
- Your business rates bill number
- If the ratepayer is a limited company you need it's company number
- If the ratepayer is a partnership you need to know what other property your partner(s) occupy
If you qualify for the relief, we will send you an amended bill.
If you do not qualify, we will notify you by email.
Providing the ratepayer continues to satisfy the conditions for relief that apply at the relevant time as regards the property and the ratepayer, they will automatically continue to receive relief in each new valuation period.
A ratepayer who is in receipt of SBRR will need to notify us of certain changes in circumstance:
- the ratepayer vacating the property
- the ratepayer taking up occupation of an additional property
- an increase in the RV of a property occupied by the ratepayer outside of East Devon
You have to apply online. There are no paper forms.
If you don't have a computer, there’s access to the web through Devon Libraries.