Guide Overview of Business Rates

Show all parts of this guide

4. Working from home

If you work at home, you may have to pay business rates on that part of the property. This depends on whether the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) has given a rateable value to a part of your home. You will still have to pay Council Tax on the rest of the property.

Contact the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) if you are not sure if you should be paying business rates or not.