1. More about our Working Together for the Future of East Devon event
Up until October 2019 we hosted a free in person event for representatives of East Devon voluntary and community groups, town and parish councils. We usually had over a hundred attendees. Due to Coronavirus it wasn't possible to hold this event in 2020. After requests from some of East Devon's voluntary and community groups, it will take place as a virtual event this year, in 2021.
This year the FREE conference will take place virtually using Zoom on Tuesday 16 November 2021 from 9.30am to 1pm. The event aims to bring local agencies together to improve the communication channels between the voluntary and statutory sectors.
Through the Coronavirus pandemic East Devon’s voluntary and community groups have proved themselves to be vital to local communities. We understand from our work with these groups the challenges they face on how to keep going at such a challenging time. As a thank you to the voluntary sector, this conference will highlight some of the different ways to address these issues.
There will be knowledgeable speakers on a variety of useful topics which will include:
- The goal of the new East Devon Community Network Coordinator post.
- How East Devon’s Citizen’s Advice can support the people you are helping and what its future might be.
- What East Devon District Council are hoping to do to help you all, and an introduction to the Poverty Strategy.
- Emerging partnerships for collaborative working: the Local Care Partnership and the Community Mental Health Framework.
There will also be opportunities for attendees to split into smaller virtual groups for discussions and networking with each other.
To book a place, email: email@example.com