2. Working Together Event presentations 2019
About eighty representatives of voluntary and community groups, town and parish councils and Councillors came along to our seventh annual Working Together Event.
Here are the presentations given by the speakers:
- Climate change: what are the council doing about it? John Golding, Strategic Lead for Housing, Health and Environment at East Devon District Council.
- Natural systems and climate change. Jan Gannaway and Heath Nickels, Exmouth Wildlife Group.
- Public Health Devon update around health and wellbeing activity in East Devon. Kirsty Hill, Public Health Specialist.
- Making Every Contact Count. Natalie Winterton, Wider Making Every Contact Count Co-ordinator.
- How to successfully fundraise and apply for grants. Dr Louise MacAllister, Project Manager, Devon Communities Together.
- Crowdfunding and Community Buildings Fund. Jamie Buckley, Engagement and Funding Officer, East Devon District Council.
- Beer Men's Shed: how an East Devon project got funding. Chris Pickles, Beer Men's Shed.
- Funding available from Devon County Council. Ali Eastland, Locality Officer, Devon County Council.
- Funding available from Devon County Council. Dominique Slaney, Economic Development Officer, Devon County Council.
- How to recruit and retain volunteers. Karen Kelly, Action East Devon.
Thank you to everyone that came along on the day.