Guide Guide for town and parish councils

Show all parts of this guide

2. Why is this money used for sport and play?

We only used to ask for contributions towards sport and play which is why this is the focus of the spend process. We have worked closely with town and parish councils to adopt a new policy expanding the types of open space that we can ask for contributions towards but at the moment we are sticking with sport and play.

The community infrastructure levy (CIL) is due to start soon. This means that developer’s contributions could be used for facilities like community buildings, roads or hospitals, with a proportion specifically set aside for communities to decide how it should be spent.