5. D - A proposal for what the support could look like
Embedded in this paper is a proposal to provide paid Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) Sector Support, this could sit within an East Devon VCSE host organisation and be line managed by them, or it could sit with the Council.
What would the support be?
Once / if funding is secured, the description and outcomes for the service would be developed with representatives of the VCSE sector within East Devon. These representatives would:
- be from a wide variety of VCSE organisations such as wellbeing, health, sports, social isolation, community transport, children and young people, older people, heritage, arts and culture…
- be from all areas of East Devon.
- include rural groups and town based groups.
This process would be facilitated, details to be discussed.
We would initially expect the service to:
- provide the grassroots level support the VCSE sector ask for (to be decided by the VCSE sector) to a variety of groups throughout the whole of East Devon, such as groups focused on wellbeing, health, sports, social isolation, community transport, children and young people, older people, heritage, arts and culture.
- provide other support the VCSE sector ask for, which could include things like representing East Devon’s VCSE sector on the regional and national stage.
- work with the district’s Coronavirus community support groups, some of which were set up very quickly, to see if these can be developed to provide resilience and community support longer term.
- developing user friendly resources that list VCSE groups and what they can provide to East Devon’s communities. These would be accessible to all, regularly updated and would identify and help to address any gaps in support.
- help secure future funding for the service